The Outreach Department takes the Library out of the library building, and into the community, including
- Homebound Delivery Request Homebound Service
- School and Classroom Collections For new collections or changes to your current collection, please call Outreach Services.
- Lobby Collections to local senior housing
Homebound Delivery Service
If circumstances prevent you from visiting the library in person, you may enjoy utilizing our homebound delivery program. We love bringing the resources of the library to our patrons!
Who Is Eligible For Delivery?
This is a free service available to Louisville residents who would benefit from home delivery due to one of the following reasons:
- Illness or Quarantine
- Physical Limitations
- Lack of Transportation
Whether the situation is short-term or long-term, we can bring the Library to you.
How Does The Program Work?
- Submit an application on-line, drop off or mail in the completed form, and a member of our Outreach Department will contact you to set up your delivery schedule.
- Patrons can request specific materials, or work with the Outreach Department staff to receive selections based on their interests.
- Library materials will be delivered to and picked up from the patron’s location once a month or every two weeks.
- Patrons may request any items from our collection, including regular and large print books, DVD’s, CD’s, audio books, children’s books.
Contact the Outreach Department at (330) 587-5752