The Louisville Public Library local history collection is located on the second floor of the library. It contains a collection of books, papers and photographs pertaining to the history of Louisville and Stark County, Ohio.
Some of the materials available to view in the Local History collection include:- Microfilm of the Louisville Herald 1887-2004
- Marriage-Engagement-Birth Index
- Cemetery Inscriptions, Stark County, Ohio (7 volumes)
- Louisville High School Year-books
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School Year-books
- Church Directories
- Kenneth R. Smith, Louisville: The Way it Was, 1834-1990
Due to age and frailty, some of our collection items are viewable by appointment only.
If you have any questions about the local history department, Genealogy Database, or would like to schedule an appointment please email Deb Long at email@example.com or call 330-875-1696.
Stark County Links:
· Stark County Recorder: official records of Stark County real estate
· Stark County OHGenWeb: a division of the USGenWeb project
· Stark County District Library Genealogy: Stark County District Library’s genealogy department resources and contact information
· Massillon Public Library Genealogy: Massillon Public Library’s genealogy department resources and contact information
· State Library of Ohio: digital library collection sources for genealogists
· The Ohio Gravestone Project: over 140,000 gravestone photos from the state of Ohio
· Ohio Death Certificate Index: purchase copies of Ohio death certificates
· Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: large scale Ohio Street maps from 1867-1970
· Free Public Records Free Directory: links to free public records in every state
· Find A Grave: over 79 million grave records
· American Memory: Library of Congress’s digital collection of American History resources
· Chronicling America: a digital collection of the Library of Congress’s historic American newspapers