Downloading from Ohio eBook
Project on your Nook, Kobo, Sony, etc.
that is compatible except Kindle)
1. Go to louisvillelibrary.org and click on Ohio eBook
Project on the homepage.
2. Click on “the help” menu on the left side to get
3. Once on the help page select your device and a separate window will
pop up telling you how to install the software needed.
4. Follow the prompts to install Adobe Digital Editions
5. After Adobe Digital Editions is finished installing you must create
an Adobe ID A window will pop up for you to do this after the
6. Make sure your device and your Adobe ID are both created with the
same email and password or the information will not transfer to your
7. Now that you have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and have created
an ID you are ready to download eBooks.
8. First you want to go back to the Ohio eBook Project
9. Sign in with your library card in the upper right corner of the
10. Find an eBook (only PDF, EPUB, open
11. Select the eBook you want then “add to
12. After you add it to your cart “proceed to
13. Click download and the title will download and Adobe Digital Editions
will come up with the title in showing up in it.
14. Now click library view in the upper left corner (stack of
15. Plug your device into your computer and the icon should come up on
the left panel indicating it is plugged in
Now click on your book and drag (will have
a– sign while dragging) and
drop it (will have a + sign when it gets to your device) into your
17. Now your title is in your device, you may have to refresh or restart
your device for the transfer to complete
18. Begin reading!!
Downloading the OverDrive Media
1. Go to the App
store or app market on your device
2. Type in
overdrive media console in the search bar
3. Now install
the App (it is a free app)
4. Once installed
click on it to open it up
5. Now you are
ready to read!!
6. Check out
books from the app with your library card # and download them onto your device.
DOWNLOADING eBOOKS FROM THE
LOUISVILLE LIBRARY ONTO YOUR KINDLE OR KINDLE APP
If you do not have the Kindle App on your device:
1. Go to the App Store on your device
2. Put Kindle App in the search bar
3. Click on the App and Install
4. Once installed click on it to open it up
5. Enter your Amazon account email and password (If you do not have an Amazon account you need to go
to Amazon.com and create one)
* NOTE: If parents
want their children to use their account they can! Just be advised all your books will show up on your child’s
6. Now your App is ready! If you have books in your Amazon.com account they will now show up in the App. You may
now begin reading.
Downloading from the Louisville Library to your Kindle or Kindle
1. Sign into
your Amazon.com account and then
2. Go to Louisvillelibrary.org and click on the Ohio eBook Project on the
3. Sign into your account (top right) with your library
4. Pick out a Kindle book and click “add to cart”
5. Click “proceed to checkout” and then “get for Kindle”
6. You will be automatically directed to
the Amazon.com website to
7. Now click “download” and make sure on the left that the email is correct and that it is
being delivered to the correct device or the Kindle cloud. (The Kindle cloud will deliver it to all Kindle
devices or Apps associated with your account.)
8. Now make sure your device has the wi-fi
turned on. You can turn on the wi-fi before you get started and the book will automatically pop up and begin downloading on your device. If
you turn on wi-fi after you download on Amazon.com then you need to push your synch button on
9. Now you may begin reading your eBook.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR BOOKS
1. Sign into your amazon account and click “your digital
items” in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Now click “manage your
3. All your items you have downloaded from the Louisville
Library and items you have purchased from Amazon will show up.
4. If you click on the “actions” button on the right you
purchase, delete or return an item.
5. If you scroll down the screen you can
also manage your apps you have on your device
6. Everything on your device is in this
Happy Managing !!!!
If you have any questions email or call Andrea Bossart
Any questions email or call Andrea Bossart
view the informational guide to download various materials
(books, music and video)
Click below to see our Ohio eBook
If you need assistance please call or email
Andrea Bossart at
330-875-1696 or firstname.lastname@example.org